Step 1: Make it
What is it?
Turn your micro:bit into a simple digital device to help you relax by slowing and regulating your breathing using a simple animation sequence.
This project is part of a series created to offer problem-solving and prototyping activities designed to explore technology as a solution to the challenges of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
How it works
- Build an animation sequence in a 'forever' loop to keep it running.
- Use the large and small built-in diamond icons to create a pulsating effect.
- Add pause blocks to slow down the animation to a relaxing pace.
- Use a longer pause in the middle of the animation, perhaps 2 seconds which is 2000 milliseconds.
- Test out your code in the MakeCode simulator to make sure it works the way you want before transferring it to your micro:bit.
What you need
- micro:bit (or MakeCode simulator)
- MakeCode or Python editor
- battery pack (optional)
Step 2: Code it
Step 3: Improve it
- Change the pause times to match your own preferred pace of breathing.
- Create your own images to replace the diamond icons.
- Add more steps to make your animation smoother.