Before you start to use the website, here are the key points that all adult users should be aware of.
You can find information about the various safety and compliance certifications of the BBC micro:bit device on our compliance page.
Please see our brand guidelines for more information on how to use our brand in the correct way and participate in our ecosystem.
Internet Safety and Personal Information
The code editors we link to will be a home to the creative endeavours of budding digital champions all over the world. For this to be a pleasant and safe experience for all children, we need your help in making sure internet safety is a priority. Please don’t include any personally identifiable information within your own coding scripts and any supporting text – and please make sure that any children you’re responsible for, know this too. If you do approve scripts for publication, you must be sure that the text in the coding script doesn’t contain any personal information that could be viewed by anyone visiting our website.
Should I read any other information or terms?
- Links to third party websites. The micro:bit services may contain links to websites. These third party websites are not under the Foundation’s control. If the Foundation has included these links in the micro:bit services, we provide them to you as a convenience only. The inclusion of these links is not an endorsement by the Foundation of any third party website, service or product. The Foundation reserves the right to disable links to any third party website that you post on the micro:bit services.
- Feedback. If you give us feedback, you give the Foundation, without charge, the right to use and share your feedback with other users and online. These rights survive after you stop using the micro:bit services unless you tell us otherwise.
- Our notices to you. We may provide information to you: by e-mail at the e-mail address you specified when you signed up for the micro:bit services, or by access to the micro:bit website that will be designated in an e-mail notice sent to you at the time the information is available; or by access to the micro:bit website. Notices provided to you via e-mail will be deemed given and received on the transmission date of the e-mail.
- Copyright notices. Any content on the micro:bit services that has not been created using the services is © Copyright Micro:bit Educational Foundation or Foundation partners.
- Gifts. Any gifts the Foundation offers to individuals as thanks for participating in feedback surveys are offered without bias, meaning that the gift will be given whatever feedback the individual provides.