1. By completing the registration form and entering this giveaway, the participant confirms that their application complies with the criteria below and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms") in full. All registration instructions form part of these Terms.
This giveaway is only available to teachers of UK school addresses in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey who, at the date on which they enter this giveaway, are employed as teachers at government funded and independent primary schools in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey.
2. The giveaway gift that is available is the following: micro:bit packs totalling 30 x micro:bits, 30 x battery cage, 30 x USB cables and 30 x wrist strap accessories (the "Pack"). There are a total of 22,500 Packs available.
3. Entry to the giveaway opens at 10am (UK time) on 15th May 2023 and closes on the earliest of: (a) at 5pm (UK time) on 18th December 2023; or (b) when 22,500 eligible participants have been awarded a Pack. Once 22,500 eligible participants have been awarded a Pack, the registration form will no longer be available to complete. No entries received after the closing time will be eligible to receive a Pack.
4. If stock remains after the 18th December, the Foundation will distribute remaining stock to education partners in line with the objectives of this project.
5. It will not be possible to action any queries regarding the giveaway after the 21st June 2024.
6. No purchase is necessary to register. However, in order to enter the giveaway, you must have an Internet connection.
How to register
7. In order to enter the giveaway, you must register via the registration form. It is your responsibility to ensure that all details that you enter into the registration form are correct.
8. Only one entry is required or permitted per school. If we receive multiple entries from a school, the first received entry will be actioned.
9. Upon completion of the registration form you will receive an automated e-mail stating your registration has been received. This is not confirmation that your registration has been successful. If you are awarded a Pack in accordance with section 4 above and section 9 below, you will be notified by an e-mail. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
10. The Packs will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
11. The Packs will be delivered by 15th March 2024.
12. We will not be responsible and it will not be possible for us to replace any Packs that are lost in transit.
13. In the unlikely event that you receive a faulty pack, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help arrange a return and replacement.
Privacy and data
14. The partnership delivering this project is made up of the BBC, BBC Teach who use the Education Company to process data, The Micro:bit Educational Foundation, OKdo and Nominet.
15. Details concerning how your data will be stored, processed and deleted by each partner can be found at https://microbit.org/thenextgen/registration-privacy-notice.
16. You can delete your data at any time by submitting a request for deletion via instructions on the privacy notice found at https://microbit.org/thenextgen/registration-privacy-notice, please note if this is complete before the donation is delivered, this will prevent the delivery.
17. There is no cash alternative available; the Pack is as stated and no alternatives are available.
18. We reserve the right at any time, in our absolute discretion, to:
18.1. verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age, place of residence); and
18.2. disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the giveaway or entering using fraudulent means, or who we believe to have acted in breach of these Terms.
19. If you are successful in this giveaway and a recipient of a Pack, we may use your school details, surname and county of residence to report the recipients of the giveaway to our partners. Please contact us if you do not want to make your details available in this manner (if so, please note that we may nevertheless be obliged to still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority or equivalent regulator on request).
20. No entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted and no bulk entries.
21. All costs and expenses not included within the giveaway are the responsibility of the recipients of the Packs.
22. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time that you entered this giveaway.
23. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, we accept no responsibility or liability for any entry or claim which for technical or other reasons, when you are submitting your registration form, is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, damaged, corrupted or misdirected.
24. This giveaway and the Packs are intended only for educational purposes and private use. Each entrant agrees not to use the giveaway or any Pack for any commercial or business purposes (unless educational) and we have no liability to any entrant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
25. When using the Pack, please always follow the safety guidance provided with the Pack or on the website - https://microbit.org/guide/safety-advice/.
26. We reserve the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend this giveaway or these Terms at any time if circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable.
27. Data that is collected from or about participants will be used in accordance with the project privacy notice, a copy of which can be found at https://microbit.org/thenextgen/registration-privacy-notice.
28. These Terms are governed by English law. This means that each registration for the giveaway, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law.
29. You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the giveaway and these Terms in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the giveaway and these Terms in either the Scottish or the English courts.
30. Any questions about the giveaway should be sent to email@example.com.
31. The promoter is The Micro:bit Educational Foundation with its registered address at 12 New Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1JP VAT number 254 7649 72 with company number 10370194.