In the Light-up fishing nets activity, students learn about the problem of bycatch and potential solutions, before creating a prototype light-up fishing net using micro:bit.
In Sea safe turtles students discover about sea turtles before creating a prototype sea turtle-safe beach light using the micro:bit’s LEDs.
- to learn about the problems faced by marine creatures caused by fishing and pollution
- to identify possible solutions to the problems
- to learn how inputs (sensors) and outputs (light and sound) of the micro:bit can be used to design and make prototype solutions
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
Researching, prototyping, design thinking, creative thinking, problem-solving.
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- HEX files
- alligator / crocodile clip leads (optional)
- colour marker pens (optional)
- elastic bands (optional)
- headphones (optional)
- netting (optional)
- paper - large sheets (optional)
- string (optional)