Use relays and home-made moisture sensors to make a prototype of an automated farming system that senses when crops are dry, saving water and increasing food production.
- Understand what the Global Goals are
- Understand what goal 15 is and its significance
- Understand the basics of transmitting data
- Produce a data node product to meet the success criteria
- Develop the product further with additional features
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- Student handouts
- Activity sheet
- IPO worksheet
- HEX file
Breakout board for micro:bit pins (optional), jumper wires (optional), relay module (optional), LED lights (optional), electric pump (optional)
These projects are contributed by the Arm School Program
The big picture – why is this relevant?
This content is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) licence.