Oil spill cleaner-upper
This activity is in two parts, you can do either part – or both. The first part can be completed with no additional hardware or even micro:bits, comprising a challenge to design an efficient algorithm to clean an area of sea. The second part builds on this to create an autonomous vehicle that can mop up oil spills.
- Understand what the Global Goals are
- Understand what goal 14 is and its significance
- Produce an Oil Spill Cleaner-Upper product to meet the success criteria
- Develop the product further with additional features
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- Student handouts
- Activity sheet
- IPO worksheet (Word)
- IPO worksheet (PDF)
- HEX files
- no build
- Oil cleaner - with making
Waterproof material (optional), floating materials (optional), servo motors & control board (optional), sponge (optional), jumper wires (optional)
These projects are contributed by the Arm School Program
The big picture – why is this relevant?
This content is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) licence.