In this series of 3 lessons aimed at pupils in the first year of secondary school, students gain a greater understanding of the importance of cyber security and explore the need to create strong password before writing algorithms and programs to create their own ‘strong password generator’ using the micro:bit. Ideally, this unit should be taught after Computing fundamentals.
The Lesson comprises 3 lessons of @60 minutes:
- Cyber security and ethical hacking
- Password generator algorithms
- Password generator programming, testing and evaluation
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science
- have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
Problem-solving, collaboration, creative thinking.
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- Student handouts
- HEX files
- paper - rough
- printouts of slides
- sticky notes
- student work from previous lesson
- whiteboards & dry-wipe marker pens
Lessons created in partnership with Nominet