In the Spot the species project, students explore the wildlife in their local habitat and create a species counter using the BBC micro:bit.
In the second activity, students learn about the illegal wildlife trade and create an anti-poaching collar using the radio function on the micro:bit.
- To learn about the problems faced by marine creatures caused by fishing and pollution
- To identify possible solutions to the problems
- To learn how inputs (sensors) and outputs (light and sound) of the micro:bit can be used to design and make prototype solutions
Researching, prototyping, design thinking, creative thinking, problem-solving.
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- HEX files
- alligator / crocodile clip leads (optional)
- colour marker pens (optional)
- elastic bands (optional)
- headphones (optional)
- netting (optional)
- paper - large sheets (optional)
- string (optional)