MakeCode 2020 is live
Congratulations to the Microsoft MakeCode team for launching the new version of the MakeCode block editor for the micro:bit!
You can try it out now at https://makecode.microbit.org/
If you’ve used MakeCode before, it will look very familiar but it has some improvements that we think will have a great impact in the classroom:
- Dot-to-dot connectors make it easier to see where your blocks will drop
- Students are prompted to name their work when creating a new project
- Music now has a volume control and a melody sequencer
- Functions can now return values, making them even more useful
- Loops now have 'break' and 'continue' blocks
- A new debugging tool
We'll be exploring what these and the other new features mean for teaching with micro:bit in more depth in the coming weeks.