micro:bit LIVE 2021
micro:bit LIVE 2021 will be held virtually on December 3rd and 4th. Connect with educators, researchers, and tech developers from around the world showcasing the latest innovations and best practice in the micro:bit community.
Call for proposals
- Call for proposals opens September 13th and closes October 18th.
- Registration opens November 4th.
Dr. Tzeng Jeng Nan, Soobi Project, National Cheng Chi University
Elaine Atherton, Scratch
Elisa Cristi, Administración Nacional de Educación Pública (ANEP-DGEIP)
Jacqueline Russell, MakeCode
Jacy Edelman, Scratch
João Adriano Freitas, Brazilian Network of Creative Learning
Jon Haavie, Teknisk Museum Norway
Konstantinos Andronikidisis, European Schoolnet
Martha Jez, Fair Chance Learning
Michelle Borda, Michifuzz
Mohd Azrul Che Mustapha, Maktab Rendah Sains MARA Merbok, Malaysia
Rodrigo Fabrega Lacoa, Fundacion Cruzando
Sara Hata, Japan Community Lead, Micro:bit Eduactional Foundation
Tanya Riach, New South Wales Department of Education
Chair: Rachel Lancaster, Micro:bit Educational Foundation
Last year's event
Over two days 750 attendees from all over the world watched 43 speakers from 16 countries, aided by 11 moderators from Fair Chance Learning and the 12 committee members who brought this event together.
Here are two talks to give you a taster:
- A lightning talk from US teacher Yolanda Payne about making micro:bit and micro:bit classroom integral in teaching and professional development.
- A longer presentation where Peli and Jacqueline from Microsoft share their top 10 MakeCode tips and tricks.
Connections in the classroom
Top 10 MakeCode tips
Other talks included:
- Making micro:bit interactive pets that respond to sound
- Remote learning with micro:bit
- Introductions to Python and MakeCode
You can easily access these sessions and more on our YouTube channel: