In the Spot the species project, students explore the wildlife in their local habitat and create a species counter using the BBC micro:bit.
In the second activity, students learn about the illegal wildlife trade and create an anti-poaching collar using the radio function on the micro:bit.
- to learn more about wildlife in your local environment and elsewhere
- to consider the importance of biodiversity
- to consider how technology can help protect animals
- to build working micro:bit prototypes to record and protect species
- to analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- to be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
Researching, presenting, creative thinking.
You will need
- Lesson plan
- Lesson slides
- HEX files
- clipboards (optional)
- paper - large sheets (optional)
- paper - writing (optional)