Student Safety Advice
Please read our safety information and keep your experience safe and enjoyable.
Do not place any metal objects across the BBC micro:bit battery socket.
Do not place any metal objects across the printed circuits as this can cause a short circuit.
Do not leave your BBC micro:bit plugged into any device unsupervised.
Do not use your BBC micro:bit in water or with wet hands.
Please avoid handling the BBC micro:bit circuit board while plugged into a power supply.
Please handle your BBC micro:bit by its edges.
All leads and accessories used with your BBC micro:bit should meet the relevant standards and be marked to show this.
Connecting your BBC micro:bit to anything unnapproved could damage it.
Please do not leave your BBC micro:bit within reach of children under 8 years.
Please operate your BBC micro:bit in a well ventilated room.
Only connect your BBC micro:bit to a power supply rated at 3 volts.
The maximum current safely supplied to an external circuit using the 3V edge connector is 100mA.
Please do not store or use your BBC micro:bit in extremely hot or cold environments.
Only use zinc-carbon or alkaline batteries and follow all of the battery safety tips.
- Only use Zinc-Carbon or Alkaline batteries with your BBC micro:bit
- To remove the battery pack pinch the connector with your fingers
- Do not remove by pulling the wires
- Please do not mix different types of batteries or mix new and used batteries
- Please use batteries of the same or equivalent type as those recommended
- Please insert batteries the correct way round
- Please remove spent batteries from the battery holder
- Do not place any metal objects across the terminals as this may short-circuit the battery supply
- Do not try to charge normal (non-rechargeable) batteries