Design a food temperature probe
This is one of a series of resources to support the use of the BBC micro:bit in Design and Technology lessons.
It is very important that food is prepared or cooked to the correct temperature. Too cold and it could cause food poisoning, too hot and it could burn. A temperature probe can be used to check that the temperature of food is at the right level.
In this unit of learning, learners will use the BBC micro:bit to develop a prototype for a food temperature probe that will warn people when their food is too cold.
Activity info, teachers' notes and curriculum links
In this activity, learners will develop their temperature monitoring system using the BBC micro:bit.
The activity sheet includes teachers' notes, useful web links, and links (where appropriate) to the national curriculum in each of the four devolved nations; England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Temperature monitoring - BBC micro:bit temperature monitoring video.IET.tvで見る
- Activity overview - Design a food temperature probe activity description, teachers' notes and curriculum links
- Presentation - Creating a prototype for a food temperature probe
- Handout - Developing the programmable system for the temperature monitor - student handout with example programs
- Handout - Calibrating the thermistor
- Hex programming file - Example programming file using the MakeCode editor
- Py programming file - Example programming file using the Python editor
- Hex programming file (ADC Value) - Example programming file using the MakeCode editor to find the ADC value
- Py programming file (ADC Value) - Example programming file using the Python editor to find the ADC value