The micro:bit is an exposed board, to be used with care. You may consider printing this information and retaining it for future reference.
THE MICRO:BIT IS AN EXPOSED BOARD, TO BE USED WITH CARE
PLEASE RETAIN THIS INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
The BBC micro:bit is easy to use but is designed to have all the electrical parts on display. This does mean there's a small risk that the parts can be damaged and even overheat with a risk of injury but a little bit of care and caution will ensure you and your micro:bit will stay fit and healthy.
- Always keep your BBC micro:bit in the anti-static bag when not in use. It's good practice for students to earth themselves before handling it.
- Please handle your BBC micro:bit by its edges. This minimises the risk of damage through an electrostatic discharge.
- Please use the battery pack and the USB lead provided to power your micro:bit. Do not use portable battery chargers or USB charging ports (often marked with a lightning bolt or 'SS'), to power your micro:bit. Using these may damage your micro:bit and stop it working properly.
- Please do not attempt to keep using faulty micro:bits. If a school-issued micro:bit develops a fault, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- The maximum current safely supplied to an external circuit using the 3V pin on the edge connector is 100mA. Please make sure this limit is not exceeded.
- Please do not store or use your BBC micro:bit in extremely hot or cold environments.
- Do not place any metal objects across the printed circuits on the board as this can cause a short circuit damaging your BBC micro:bit. This can cause risk of burn or fire.
- Do not use your BBC micro:bit in water or with wet hands.
- Do not leave your BBC micro:bit plugged into a computer or any other device unsupervised.
- Please avoid handling the BBC micro:bit circuit board while plugged into a power supply.
- All peripherals (for example: USB cable, battery holder, sensors) used with your BBC micro:bit should comply with the relevant standards and should be marked accordingly
- Connecting your BBC micro:bit to any unapproved peripherals could damage your BBC micro:bit
- Please do not leave your BBC micro:bit within reach of children under 8 years of age.
- Please operate your BBC micro:bit in a well ventilated room
- To remove the battery pack, pinch the connector with your fingers. Do not remove by pulling the wires.
- Do not try to charge normal (non-rechargeable) batteries
- Please do not mix different types of batteries or mix new and used batteries
- Please use batteries of the same or equivalent type as those recommended
- Please insert batteries the correct way round (with the correct polarity)
- Please remove spent batteries from the battery holder
- Do not short-circuit the battery supply terminals, for example by placing a metal object across the terminals
- Only use Zinc or Alkaline batteries with your BBC micro:bit
- Please do not use rechargeable batteries