Design a home security system
Home security is increasingly important as homeowners look to ensure that their properties and possessions are protected from potential burglary. Alarm systems are being developed with increasingly complex embedded electronics and programmable components.
In this unit of learning, learners will research, program and develop a working door access and alarm system using the BBC micro:bit.
In this activity, learners will program a working door access and alarm system using the BBC micro:bit.
Home security - Exploring how the BBC micro:bit could be used to protect our homes from burglars when we are away.在IET.tv观看视频
- Activity overview - Design a home security system activity description, teachers' notes and curriculum links
- Presentation - Creating the programmable system for home security
- Handout - Programming the system
- Py programming file - Example programming file using the Python editor
- Audio - Techno security - Podcast produced by Fun Kids Radio as part of the Techno Mum series