Design a food temperature probe
It is very important that food is prepared or cooked to the correct temperature. Too cold and it could cause food poisoning, too hot and it could burn. A temperature probe can be used to check that the temperature of food is at the right level.
In this unit of learning, learners will use the BBC micro:bit to develop a prototype for a food temperature probe that will warn people when their food is too cold.
In this activity, learners will develop their temperature monitoring system using the BBC micro:bit.
Temperature monitoring - BBC micro:bit temperature monitoring video.在IET.tv观看视频
- Activity overview - Design a food temperature probe activity description, teachers' notes and curriculum links
- Presentation - Creating a prototype for a food temperature probe
- Handout - Developing the programmable system for the temperature monitor - student handout with example programs
- Handout - Calibrating the thermistor
- Py programming file - Example programming file using the Python editor
- Py programming file (ADC Value) - Example programming file using the Python editor to find the ADC value