Teacher GuideOpen Close
The students can:
- Drop and drag blocks from the library to the workspace.
- Edit the program.
- Download the .hex file and load it onto the micro:bit.
- Test the file on the micro:bit
- Edit the program following testing
Standards Alignment (United Kingdom: CAS)
- Designs simple algorithms using loops, and selection i.e. if statements. (AL)
- Uses logical reasoning to predict outcomes. (AL)
- Detects and corrects errors i.e. debugging, in algorithms. (AL)
- Creates programs that implement algorithms to achieve given goals. (AL)
- Understands that programming bridges the gap between algorithmic solutions and computers. (AB)
Place the show string block within a forever loop. If a forever loop is not on the workspace when loaded, this can be found within the basic option within the blocks as well. The show string will display the text that the user enters within the variable box.
Edit the string by clicking on the word “Hello!” and typing in “Ask me a Question”.
Save the project and download to the micro:bit.
Try to add the following functionality:
- Adding yes & no buttons
- Introducing a shake input
- Add a scoring system
Check out the 'Guess the Number' lesson to start using inputs.